Wednesday, November 14, 2007

swollen

A terrible day at work today. A terrible, terrible day.

What I did I did because I thought it was the right thing to do. That should count for something, right? What I did I did out of love but also out of ignorance, and for that I had to suffer.

They had meetings about me.

In the end, long conversations. Hiccuping, weeping. Red face, swollen eyes. "Take ownership," "learning experience." And I will never know who cast the stone.

Everyone ignored me for an hour and a half as I cried.

So many people saying they just didn't understand. Why was it bad? And I explained the new truths I'd learned.

Why didn't anyone come to me about it? Why didn't they feel they could ask me to explain?



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Abbey, what happened? Sounds like something bad... :(

Unknown said...

It's better to do what you think is right and fail then to ignore the weight of your own conscience.

Boudica On The Run said...

Because women are bitches...and feminists are even worse. :o)

I feel as a lesbian feminist I am qualified to make that statement.

Never forget...you are twice as likely to get thrown to the wolves by a pack of women than by a pack of men...

And then we wonder why I opted not to make my foray into the world of feminist nonprofits...