Thursday, October 25, 2007

oh snap

In my constant struggle to better myself (well, at least, to make things easier for myself), I'm trying to stop cracking my neck. Kind of a weird choice, seeing as I do a whole lot more self-destructive things -- but something like "stop being so hard on yourself" or "stop falling in love with ideas instead of people" is a little bit harder to see through from start to finish.

So this is day three of the great neck cracking experiment and, actually, I already feel a lot better. This may be because I've already found a lot of ways to cheat. (For instance, I'm still allowing myself to crack my neck by twisting my head upwards, like regular folk do -- but the big elbows-up head-twisting is verboten.) The first day I tried to get myself down to five good cracks, and ended up with seven; yesterday I only did big cracks three or four times.

When I woke up today, it was amazing -- I didn't feel like my entire neck was out of joint, with all the vertebrae all crookedy-like. I didn't even have to do my usual neck-cracking morning routine, which is big crack lying down in bed, shower, big crack lying down again. I just popped it standing up before I left for work (but then I had to lie down when I got to work, 'cause it hadn't cracked enough).

I can feel the muscles tightening up already, which is so cool. My body wants to fix itself; I just have to leave it alone long enough to let it.

No comments: