Thursday, October 25, 2007

perfect

I had such a spectacular day today. Such a perfect little jewel of a day.

The best days of my life have never been full of big, all-consuming events. They have always been normal, regular days, but full of tiny blessings in almost every hour. There were so many good things that happened that I'm not sure I can remember them all...

  • big belly laughs with work friends all day long
  • eating a bag of Cheetos and drinking a can of Coke (the "Britney Spears Breakfast," as I like to call it)
  • finding out that a very concerning medical issue is actually not a big deal to fix
  • getting my cell phone fixed and then playing around with it
  • scratching at the start of a nice theological conversation with an old friend
  • walking a mile through cool rain that's not too cold
  • talking to my mother on the phone
  • having homemade chili, biscuits, and pumpkin pie with wonderful friends
  • nerding out with my favorite episode of a very dorky show
  • standing on the roof deck and looking at the fog and the light through the fog
  • getting a ride home so I didn't have to walk
  • sitting upstairs with a friend and playing music for one another
  • falling asleep in a comfy sweatshirt (coming up next!)
I think, and this is going to sound really morbid, but I think that if somehow I get to choose my last day on Earth -- the very last day before I die -- I want it to be like this. Full of small joys. A day where nothing is remarkable but everything makes me happy.

No comments: